May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel “liner,” the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
SpeedSafe® Assisted Opening
Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Made In The USA
When you see this on one of our knives, it means the knife was made in our Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.
- Lanyard hole
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening
- Liner lock
- Reversible pocketclip (left/right; tip-up)
- Steel: 420HC, stonewashed finish
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon
- Blade Length: 3 in. (7.6 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.25 in. (10.8 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.25 in. (18.5 cm)
- Weight: 2.6 oz. (74 g)