The Cofra Heat Shield asphalt boots have a unique, totally flat Cofra sole which prevents stones, gravel and asphalt from accumulating in the tread. In addition, the flat sole avoids marking or digging into fresh asphalt. The top flap, which locks in place, protects the top of the foot from hot asphalt and covers the laces so that they don't become clogged with asphalt and tar.
Heat Resistance of the sole tested for 8 hours at 212°F. The PU/Nitrile rubber sole is resistant up to 572°F (1-minute contact).
Midsole: Heat Defender PU, a compound devised to prevent heat from passing through the sole into the shoe. It resists to 302°F for 30 minutes without its chemical-physical features being altered.
Upper: Water Repellent printed leather
Footbed: THERMIC INSOLE insulating against high temperatures. The thermal comfort inside the footwear is made possible by the special PU compound devised to give high heat insulation.
Puncture Resistant: Non-metallic APT (Anti Puncture Textile) fabric is flexible and built into the footbed.
- Puncture Resistant sole
- Heat Resistant sole
- Water Repellent Leather upper
- EH - Electrical Hazard compliant
- ASTM F2413-05 (ANSI I/C 75) Compliant Composite Safety Toe
- Made in Albania
The Cofra Heat Shield Asphalt Boots have this additional safety feature:
- A protective leather tongue to protect laces from sparks.
- Seam made of 100% Kevlar fibre, with high melting point (842 °F), tencity and strength.
- The Heat Shield opens up fully to allow lace tying, but is held firmly in place with hook-n-loop tabs.
- The Heat Shield prevents hot asphalt from accumulating in the laces and top of the boot.
- The shield is not an official metatarsal guard, as it is intended to repel hot asphalt and gravel from the top of the foot and to protect the laces.
- CSA Z195-09 Sole Puncture Protection with a Grade 1 Protective Toecap
- CSA Z195-09 Electric-Shock Protective Footwear