Council Tool DF Sledge Hammer 36" Wooden Handle
- 4#/6# double-face sledge hammer with hickory handle.
- Forged tool steel head, Made in USA with clear lacquer head to deter rust.
- Striking face is precision machined with proper radius and chamfer (bevel), providing safer performance.
- Heat treated after machining for increased depth of hardness. (Turning after hardening looks more attractive (on competitor's tools) but leaves less depth.)
- Heat treatment produces fine grain structure and Rc 46-54 (Rockwell) for safety and toughness.
- 36" American-made hickory handle, kiln dried before turning. Eye section is then dried below 10% moisture content prior to assembly.
- Handle is hydraulically inserted into head and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge, providing a very secure mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2" to 1" of handle length is removed during assembly.
- Meets or exceeds ASME B107.54-2001.Â