- Forged tool steel head, Made in the USA with a clear lacquer finish to deter rust.
- Striking face is hand beveled.
- Heat-treated after machining for increased depth of hardness.
- Heat treatment produces fine grain structure and Rc 46-54 (Rockwell) for safety and toughness.
- 15' American-made hickory handle, kiln-dried before turning. The eye section is then dried below 10% moisture content prior to assembly.
- The handle is hydraulically inserted into the head and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge, providing a very secure mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2" of handle length is removed during assembly.
Prop 65 Warning:This product contains Nickel (Metallic), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.