MADI has introduced the DogBone™ Wire Brush. The most innovative wire brush for Transmission, Substation and Distribution ever launched.
The DogBone™ Wire Brush encourages linemen to brush because it is uniquely designed to make wire brushing easier and more convenient than ever. The DogBone has two designated brushing surfaces, one side for copper and the other side for aluminum. The ends are color coordinated to allow lineman to keep one tool with dedicated brushing ends for two different surfaces. The round wire brush covers conductors up to 1590 MCM. This covers most conductors and both wire brushes are easily replaceable.
The DogBone™ Wire Brush is durable, lightweight (weighs less than ½ pound) and is made of non-conductive material. The design of this tool eliminates lineman hand and leg discomfort currently experienced with other wire brushes. The built-in snap ring makes it easy to store on belts or in bucket trucks.
Properly brushing all types of connections helps decrease outages and bad connections therefore generating significant savings for Utilities.
- Wire brushes are easily replaceable. The large wire brush replacement (LWB-1) fits both ends.
- 2 brushes in 1 tool – One for Copper and one for Aluminum (up to 1590 MCM Conductor)
- Durable and made of non-conductive material
- Brushes are not exposed
- Lightweight – weighs less than ½ pound
- Integrated brush design eliminates lineman hand and leg discomfort currently experienced with other wire brushes
- Built-in snap ring to conveniently carry on climbing belts or in bucket trucks